Openldap 2.4.48-1 vs my company's pki

David Goldberg dsg18096@gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:23:00 GMT 2019

Thank you, Brian that got me to a local build. Unfortunately that has the
same error as the binary installation of 2.4.48.  Here are relevant
snippets of the output from each version:

2.4.42 which works:

TLS trace: SSL_connect:before/connect initialization

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A

TLS certificate verification: depth: 2, err: 0, subject: /CN=MYCOMPANY BA
ROOT, issuer: /CN=MYCOMPANY BA ROOT

TLS certificate verification: depth: 1, err: 0, subject:
/DC=ORG/DC=MYCOMPANY/CN=MYCOMPANY BA NPE CA-3, issuer: /CN=MYCOMPANY BA ROOT

TLS certificate verification: depth: 0, err: 0, subject:
/O=mycompany.tld/OU=Servers/CN=uds.mycompany.tld, issuer:
/DC=ORG/DC=MYCOMPANY/CN=MYCOMPANY BA NPE CA-3

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate A

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server key exchange A

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server done A

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client key exchange A

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write change cipher spec A

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write finished A

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 flush data

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read finished A

2.4.48 which doesn’t:

TLS trace: SSL_connect:before SSL initialization

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3/TLS write client hello

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3/TLS write client hello

TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3/TLS read server hello

TLS certificate verification: depth: 2, err: 19, subject: /CN=MYCOMPANY BA
ROOT, issuer: /CN=MYCOMPANY BA ROOT

TLS certificate verification: Error, self signed certificate in certificate
chain

TLS trace: SSL3 alert write:fatal:unknown CA

TLS trace: SSL_connect:error in error

TLS: can't connect: error:1416F086:SSL
routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed (self
signed certificate in certificate chain).

 I'm stumped at this point.

Thanks