More on Win7 update messing up HOME

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sat Aug 17 08:16:00 GMT 2019

David Karr writes:
> I noticed that when I do an "ls -lt" in my homedir, instead of the owner
> and group of files being my simple uid, it's something like
> "<MYDOMAIN>+User(1944941)" and "2993517" (group and user, respectively, I
> believe).

There's your problem.  For whatever reason, the DC did not resolve your
user ID when it was asked by Cygwin and so all the other information
associated with your account is likewise unavailable.  Are you starting
any Cygwin services at boot?  If so, make them depend on tcp_ip so they
don't start before networking is available and/or set them to delayed
start.  If that doesn't fix it, check the user they are running under,
both cygserver and sshd should run under LocalSystem for an up-to-date
Cygwin.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: