3.0.7(0.338/5/3): Possible reference to Developer's instances of dev files in deployed build

Fri Dec 6 09:31:00 GMT 2019

On Dec  5 19:44, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 12/5/2019 2:16 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> How does your strace output compare to Wilfed's when you list /cygdrive?  Does
> >> it show a failed attempt to list Z: with an error from NtCreateFile?
> >
> > Not at all.  The strace doesn't show any attempt to open Z:.
>
> Then I wonder what's different about Wilfed's setup that causes an attempt to
> open Z: when it's offline.
>
> I'm grasping at straws, but could the difference be related to the fact that his
> drive Z: is not a Samba share?  Here's an excerpt from the mount output in one
> of his earlier emails (when Z: is online):
>
> V: on /cygdrive/v type smbfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
> W: on /cygdrive/w type smbfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
> X: on /cygdrive/x type smbfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
> Y: on /cygdrive/y type smbfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
> Z: on /cygdrive/z type cifs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>                         ^^^^

Maybe.  It would be nice to know what kind of drive this is.  "cifs"
in Cygwin means a remote drive, claiming to be NTFS, but not having
the expected FS flags of a real NTFS.

Wilfed, can you please run

  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo.exe /cygdrive/z

while the drive is online.

Thanks,
Corinna

--