cygwin64 OpenSSH_8.1p1 client segmentation fault

vadim vadim.goryunov@gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 20:20:00 GMT 2019

Thanks.
Do you think the fact that 32bit version is working fine (more or less)
and the previous ssh 64 bit version (I suspect this was the version
before Sep 2019, but I can't say for sure as Cygwin does not leave any
traces of the previous version I used before the upgrade) was working
without any issues still suggests BLODA?
I think logically this is caused by new ssh version (which probably
interfere with some of the other libs) rather than my specific setup. I
mean - setup may cause the issue, but the previous version was working
fine with this setup, so this looks like a regression (i.e. new version
is more demanding or more restrictive in terms of surrounding environment).

Is there a way I can rollback to ssh version before 8.0p1-2 (the oldest
I see now in cygwin64) to prove the point (or at least continue using
the working for me version)?

/From/: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>

My cygwins (32 and 64 bit) report exactly the same for uname -a and ssh -V,
yet all works fine for me.

This suggests BLODA or some different networking setup of some kind.  Not sure
this positive report narrows down much, but it's a data point for you ...

Eliot Moss