cygwin64 OpenSSH_8.1p1 client segmentation fault

vadim vadim.goryunov@gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 13:14:00 GMT 2019

On 14/12/2019 20:20, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 12/14/2019 3:01 PM, vadim wrote:
>> Thanks.
>> Do you think the fact that 32bit version is working fine (more or less) and the
>> previous ssh 64 bit version (I suspect this was the version before Sep 2019, but
>> I can't say for sure as Cygwin does not leave any traces of the previous version
>> I used before the upgrade) was working without any issues still suggests BLODA?
>> I think logically this is caused by new ssh version (which probably interfere
>> with some of the other libs) rather than my specific setup. I mean - setup may
>> cause the issue, but the previous version was working fine with this setup, so
>> this looks like a regression (i.e. new version is more demanding or more
>> restrictive in terms of surrounding environment).
>>
>> Is there a way I can rollback to ssh version before 8.0p1-2 (the oldest I see
>> now in cygwin64) to prove the point (or at least continue using the working for
>> me version)?
> Yes, use the Cygwin Time Machine:
>
>     http://www.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/Cygwin/timemachine.html
>
> Ken
Thanks a lot!
I have now installed cygwin64 from
http://ctm.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/64bit/2019/08/30/171738

ssh now works fine. The version is
OpenSSH_7.0p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2t 10 Sep 2019

I see a change in both SSH and SSL versions here

Not working ssh version under cygwin64 was:
OpenSSH_8.1p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019

I was also trying to use the latest cygwin32 version that seemed to be
working, but I noticed that git was behaving very odd - it didn't finish
pull command quite often. I noticed git has dependency on the same
openSSL 1.1 package, so I suspect there is an issue in that openSSL 1.1
package that is used in both ssh and git.