mintty window flashes open and immediately closes

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Dec 18 09:04:00 GMT 2019

[Please don't top-post on this list.]

On 12/17/2019 7:55 PM, Brent Epp wrote:
> This is interesting: I have a backup copy of my cygwin installation from 2 days
> ago.  I restored it to another folder, made a shortcut... and it works.
>
> I'll have to run some diffs to double-check, but I'm pretty certain the only
> thing that's changed in the past two days is that I ran the latest installer
> today to update.

It sounds like something went wrong with your update.  Maybe someone can spot
the problem if you send your cygcheck output as requested here:

   http://cygwin.com/problems.html

"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as *an attachment*
in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just
attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed."

Ken