cygwin 3.1.2 + Windows 10 Home Build 10.0.18362 - alt+space hotkeys not working

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Wed Dec 25 18:46:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 17:57:00 +0500
Eugene Klimov wrote:
> > > alt+space hotkeys not working in any cygwin applications
> > Alt-space is caught by mintty by default. If you want to
> > pass that key to applications, you should disable that
> > feature in option menu.
> ok i just run
> mintty bash
> and try toggle on\off on keyboard
> https://monosnap.com/file/AavY6un7Sm1EwSuuu7TcDp3FNlruq3
>
> and changes saved to /home/slach/.minttyrc
> ThemeFile=
> Font=Consolas
> DeleteSendsDEL=no
> WindowShortcuts=yes
> BackspaceSendsBS=yes

Uncheck the checkbox and press "save" button. This sets
WindowsShortcuts in .minttyrc to "no".

Then just close mintty, and restart it.

> but when i just run bash.exe without mintty.exe, shortkeys still doesn't work

What do you mean by "without mintty"? Do you execute bash in command
prompt?

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 17:20:10 +0500
Eugene Klimov wrote:
> > Please describe your problem in detail.
> I try show what exactly happens on my screen
> https://youtu.be/bO6-eihhkh4
> when i press BACKSPACE inside screen my cursor position
> i try install old version of mintty via setup-x86_64.exe without any effect

Sorry, but I can not get what is your point. Is the problem in tab
completion? Or cursor position problem? The "screen" means mintty
screen? Or Gnu screen command?

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>