bash /cmd disagree about owner and permissions to executable

Enrique Perez-Terron enrique@perezterron.net
Thu Dec 26 21:05:00 GMT 2019

I prefer to have a single installation of python, rather than having to
remember to install packages for various pythons.
I choose the standard windows 64-bit install of python 3.8
But today when I tried to run a script ...

> Heidi@panter ~
> $ python3 x.py
> -bash:
> /cygdrive/c/Users/Heidi/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/python3:
> Permission denied

Surprise!

Investigating...

> Heidi@panter ~
> $ ls -ld "$(type -p python3)"
> -rwxr-x--- 1 Unknown+User Unknown+Group 0 des 26 19:25
> /cygdrive/c/Users/Heidi/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/python3*
>
> Heidi@panter ~
> $ cmd /C "icacls $(cygpath -w "$(type -p python3)")"
> C:\Users\Heidi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\python3.exe
> NT-MYNDIGHET\SYSTEM:(I)(F)
>
> BUILTIN\Administratorer:(I)(F)
>
> PANTER\Heidi:(I)(F)
>
> S-1-19-512-4096:(RX,D,WDAC,WO,WA)
>
> Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
>
> Heidi@panter ~
> $ cmd /C "dir /q $(cygpath -w "$(type -p python3)")"
>  Volume in drive C is Acer
>  Volume Serial Number is 3A2C-1A76
>
>  Directory of C:\Users\Heidi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
>
> 26.12.2019  19.25                 0 PANTER\Heidi           python3.exe
>                1 File(s)              0 bytes
>                0 Dir(s)  155â–’760â–’214â–’016 bytes free

Hey, what is this? Windows reports that the owner of the binary is
PANTER\Heidi, but /bin/ls reports Unknown+User?

I rebboted, unistalled python and installed the app store version of
python instead, but nothing changed.

Any suggestions?
-Thanks