Files created with CYGWIN have "NULL SID:(DENY)" windows ACL, inter alia

Peter Binney peter.binney@gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 14:05:00 GMT 2019

Hello Andrey - many thanks again.

I have added noacl to the default fstab entry, so it reads:
none /cygdrive cygdrive noacl,binary,posix=0,user 0 0

and that sorts out the permissions problem, thank you.

But, bizarrely, it introduced a new one - the WHICH command no longer
reports non-executable files on the PATH.

Such files are found and executed OK (presumably because Windows logic
is adhered to, where execute permission is not required), but WHICH
doesn't "see" them.

So I had to build a work-around for WHICH (which I use in various
scriptware) since I can also find no way to set the execute bit on a
file ("chmod a+x" doesn't seem to do anything with or without noacl).

Thanks again,
Peter