sshd: computer name's case must match?

Bill Stewart bstewart@iname.com
Wed Feb 13 18:13:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 10:56 AM Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> The complete string "domain+samaccountname" is the Cygwin username,
> see the output of `getent passwd <user>' The entire Cygwin username
> should always use the same case, otherwise case sensitive pattern
> matching on the name returned in the passwd name field won't work.

Thank you. Just so I understand the specifics of when I want to
specify the 'destination' parameter using ssh:

(a) Domain or computer name portion to the left of the "+" must always
be uppercase

(b) Username after "+" sign (or username alone, without "+" sign) must
match case exactly

Questions:

1. Are the above two statements (a) and (b) complete/correct?

2. With regards to (a), are there any cases where the domain or
computer name is not uppercase?

Thanks!

Bill