cygrunsrv to have a timeout parameter for service startup

Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via cygwin cygwin@cygwin.com
Fri Feb 15 15:34:00 GMT 2019

> No, 30 seconds is a hard system timeout in which a service must reply with
> an appropriate control message to let services.exe know it is ready to
> continue startup sequence.

I don't think there is a hard-coded system timeout, as long as the starting service keeps
posting its START_PENDING status, the service controller will wait.
And cygrunsrv seems to be doing that already.

MSDN doc says exactly that.  And I've also seen some articles that tell the same.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winsvc/nf-winsvc-setservicestatus