portable use of dos2unix WAS: Re: textmode for stdout, what is "correct" now?

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:07:00 GMT 2019

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 5:01 AM Michael Haubenwallner
<michael.haubenwallner@ssi-schaefer.com> wrote:

> On 2/15/19 10:00 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>
> >> This is true: The Cygwin distro does provide openssl-1.0.2p, but I'm building
> >> the *portable* Gentoo Prefix distro on Cygwin, with openssl-1.1.1a already.
> >> But whenever the Cygwin distro would bump to openssl-1.1, the same problem
> >> would arise there as well, just becomes noticed much later probably.
> >
> > Does OpenSSH build with OpenSSL 1.1.1a these days?  If so, we might
> > want to switch OpenSSL finally, too.
>
> Well, OpenSSH-7.9_p1 maybe does, according to https://bugs.gentoo.org/592578

I believe OpenSSH sidestepped OpenSSL. That is, it no longer depends
on it in a way that things matter. I don't recall the details.

As far as building OpenSSH against OpenSSL 1.1, see
https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/pull/48 .

Also see https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/OpenSSL_1.1.0_Changes,
which documents some [former] incompatibilities between other programs
and OpenSSL.

Jeff