Fork issue with timerfd

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Feb 25 03:21:00 GMT 2019

> On Feb 24 20:09, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> I think I see where the thinko was here.  Can you try this?
>>
>> No, better try this:
>> [...]
>
> Even if this doesn't fully fix your problem, the patch itself is
> certainly better than the former code, so I pushed it.  I also
> uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> for testing.

It's better, but not completely fixed.  At the moment I'm testing 32-bit only,
since that was the only arch on which I could produce the problem reliably.
Previously I got the error every time I ran emacs.  I just tried 5 times with
the new snapshot and only got the error twice.

I'll work on this some more tomorrow and see if I can modify the emacs code so
that it gives me the full error message from Cygwin.

Ken
 ТÒÐÐ¥&ö&ÆVÒ&W÷'G3¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒ÷&ö&ÆV×2æ‡FÖÀФd¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöfðФFö7VÖVçFF–ö㢇GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöFö72æ‡FÖÀÐ¥Vç7V'67&–&R–æfó¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöÖÂò7Vç7V'67&–&R×6–×ÆPРÐ