can't access remote shares when using ssh with rsa key - passwd -R / set(e)uid / LogonUser is not working as expected

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Feb 27 01:17:00 GMT 2019

Greetings, Houder!

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:01:18, Andrey Repin  wrote:

>> Greetings, Maayan Apelboim!
>>
>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I hope I'm mailing the proper mailing list..
>> > I am using password-less ssh login using RSA key to login windows servers from linux.
>> > I've read this article about network shares problems when using RSA key
>> > instead password and decided method 2 is most suitable for my case:
>> > https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview
> [snip]

>> Please try changing the cygsshd service configuration to run as "SYSTEM" user.

> Why, Andrey? He is running cygwin1.dll version 2.11.0 (as far as I can tell).

Sorry, I missed that bit. I normally assume people running an up to date
system. Or at least update when they encounter issues.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...