Cygwin 3.0.1-1 Breaks ALL cygwin applications on Windows 7 x64

Steven Penny svnpenn@gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:50:00 GMT 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:00:03, "Jerry Baker via cygwin" wrote:
> It's just cygwin1.dll for sure. I can replace that with 2.x version and
> everything works fine.
>
> I don't recognize most of the BLODAs and not running any of them that I
> know of. Are there any software packages known to interfere with 3.0 and
> not 2.x?

you know i just finished reading this entire thread and its kind of depressing.
7 replies from 5 people, and not one person explicitly answered the implicit,
most important, and frankly only question worth answering:

    Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

So i am here to answer that question. I was concerned as *I* use Windows 7 x64
as well. I just tested with a pristine virtual machine with Windows 7 x64 and
Cygwin 3.0.1-1 and it works perfectly fine. Note it works fine with Cygwin.bat
or with the shortcut.

So *something* is wrong on your system. Cant say what it might be, and i hate
for you to have to reinstall the whole OS. However as far as im concerned at
this point, *its you*, not a Cygwin issue unless you can prove otherwise.