Cygwin 3.0.1-1 Breaks ALL cygwin applications on Windows 7 x64

Jerry Baker via cygwin cygwin@cygwin.com
Wed Feb 27 03:27:00 GMT 2019

On 2/26/2019 7:05 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:55:56, "Jerry Baker via cygwin" wrote:
>> Not really. I don't work for free, especially for hostile people with
>> over inflated egos and crippling social disorders.
>
> https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
>
>> The onus is on whoever is interested in having cygwin work in this
>> particular configuration. Clearly not you. Since it works with 2.11,
>> I'm not particularly interested in expending a lot of work figuring
>> out what got botched in 3.0 or who did it. Wasn't me, so not my problem.
>>
>> It was my mistake to assume that the cygwin community was interested
>> in interoperability. I should have done more research before making
>> that unwarranted assumption.
>
> it very much is your problem, as im using Windows 7 x64 just fine with
> Cygwin.

Well I guess it's a good thing there's only one possible state of
Windows 7 x64 which allows us to determine that there's no possibility
of a bug simply by running a single instance in one VM. We're going to
turn the world of unit testing on its ear with this information.

> and its your problem else you wouldnt have come here posting. you can start
> threads with clickbait titles as youve done, buts its a disservice to the
> community when you dont have a reproducible problem. thats why this page
> has
> existed for 5 years:
I would argue that what is a disservice to the community is jumping into
a thread in which you were not involved for no apparent purpose other
than to insult everyone who was already getting a long just fine without
your genius to guide us.