Cygwin 3.0.1-1 Breaks ALL cygwin applications on Windows 7 x64

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 27 06:55:00 GMT 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 18:01:27, Jerry Baker via cygwin"  wrote:

> Trying to think of what could make 2.11.x work and 3.0.1 fail on the i7
> system. The only difference I can think of is that the i7 system is a
> member of a domain.

(first I would suggest a good night's sleep :-)

If you really believe it is the cygwin1.dll that causes the failure, and
you also believe that your system fails because it is in a domain ...

Why not test (using bisect) the cygwin1.dll 's at cygwin.com/snapshots?

(do not the ones between 20190126 and 20190130, because, as far as I can
 remember, these are not OK).

Start at the beginning of 2019, I would suggest ...

Use a fresh minimal! installation (download from a mirror, not from your
local repo).

Minimize your path to "Cygwin-only" ...

.. etc. (you are an experienced person, you should know what to do!).

If you find the culprit, tell us. The project leader of Cygwin will be
much interested!.

Henri