Question about D-Bus and cygrunsrv

Mike Brady mikebrady@eircom.net
Wed Feb 27 12:37:00 GMT 2019

Thanks for the comments. I’ll certainly check the security side of things.

What is a bit intriguing is that another application — the Avahi daemon (see http://avahi.org) that provides ZeroConf / Bonjour service discovery services — also uses the D-Bus system bus and it works fine as a cygrunsrv-based daemon. The difference between the two applications with respect to D-Bus is that Shairport Sync uses the high-level GDbus interface that is part of GIO (https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/ch01.html), whereas the Avahi daemon uses the dbus library directly.

Mike