user/group mapping for NFS

Charles Hedrick hedrick@rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 10 15:24:00 GMT 2019

We have a system that is doing a Kerberized NFS mount of directories on Linux. We have our LDAP system set up as a mapping server, with samaccountname added to users so that the Windows mount command does the mount as the right user.

ls -l causes a query that looks like (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uidNumber=26780))" attrs=“uid”. We sent back a response. If there’s a local account for the user, “ls -l” shows them. But we only have loal accounts for people who actually use the Windows box. I’d like “ls -l” to work for everyone. It appears that cygwin generates SIDs for entries in /etc/passwd. How can I make it do that for kid’s returned from LDAP? I’m willing to generate SIDs and put them in LDAP, but it doesn’t look like Cygwin is asking for a SID.

 ТÒÐÐ¥&ö&ÆVÒ&W÷'G3¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒ÷&ö&ÆV×2æ‡FÖÀФd¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöfðФFö7VÖVçFF–ö㢇GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöFö72æ‡FÖÀÐ¥Vç7V'67&–&R–æfó¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöÖÂò7Vç7V'67&–&R×6–×ÆPРÐ