sshd privsep user still required?
Charles Russell
worwor@bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 17 23:04:00 GMT 2019
On 1/17/2019 8:23 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jan 16 15:31, Bill Stewart wrote:
>> I installed the OpenSSH server as a service using ssh-host-config, and all
>> is working.
>>
>> I'm running Windows 10 (1803).
>>
>> I renamed the sshd privilege separation (privsep) account to something else
>> and restarted the sshd service.
>>
>> Everything still works - no errors.
>>
>> Is the sshd disabled user account still required?
>
> No, actually it isn't. These days the sshd server checks if the
> the privsep chrrot environment should be used and that the process
> is started under "root:root". This never matches under Cygwin so
> we could drop the sshd user requirement.
>
> Patches to the installer script are very welcome.
>
>
> Corinna
>
Can the superfluous account be deleted without having to reinstall sshd?
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list