pinentry-curses not available?

David Dombrowsky 6thstreetradio@gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:36:00 GMT 2019

On 11/5/18 11:06 AM, David Dombrowsky wrote:> On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at
2:23 PM Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In any case, I got pinentry-1.1.0 to compile against a cygwin-supplied
>>> version of ncurses, and it mostly works (you still need to tell it to
>>> not detach from the tty, not sure what's up with that).
>>
>> can you clarify ?
>> May be it was the reason why I and Yaakov found it not functional
>
> That's very possible.
>
> I downloaded the stock source for pinentry 1.1.0 from gnupg.org and
> tried to build it.  After "fixing" one of the build errors (ttytype is
> a macro and needs to be renamed in the pinentry source, at least on my
> cygwin install), I got it to build and install.

For the record, I've had to do this on a couple of machines, so I
figured I'd post the patch.  Still doesn't work reliably.  I need to log
in to the desktop, start a screen session, and then run

gpg-agent --daemon --disable-scdaemon --no-detach -vv --pinentry-program
/usr/local/bin/pinentry-curses > agent.log 2>&1 &

to get it to work.  After that I can sign git commits all day without
having to RDP back into the box.

Not the best, but it works.  If anyone has a better solution, please let
me know.

--
David Dombrowsky, Software Engineer
davek@6thstreetradio.org | 518-374-3204