Problem - Possibly Cygwin

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:28:00 GMT 2019

back in the cygwin ML

Am 25.01.2019 um 17:39 schrieb Mitch Rosefelt:
> Hi Marco:
> Thanks for taking a look at this.
>
> Are you referring to my Environmental Vars?
 > They look pretty clean. No mention of cygwin.

No. As you seem to have multiple programs
that are using different cygwin1.dll, if you have
those directories on the PATH they could interfere
with each other.

Try every application with clean PATH
that does not include the other applications.

> I was able to get expo (Mobile App Dev Tool) working by adding a local
> install into my nodeJS project and calling it from there.
> I noticed a difference in the local script vs the script in the global
> install. The local script calls "node" where the global script calls
> "pwsh" (which produces the error):
>
> Call in local repo \LactFacts\lactfact_190118\node_modules\.bin\expo:
> #!/bin/sh
> basedir=$(dirname "$(echo "$0" |sed -e 's,\\,/,g')")
> case`uname`in
> *CYGWIN*) basedir=`cygpath -w "$basedir"`;;
> esac
> if[ -x"$basedir/node"];then
> "$basedir/node""$basedir/../expo-cli/bin/expo.js""$@"
> ret=$?
> else
> node "$basedir/../expo-cli/bin/expo.js""$@"
> ret=$?
> fi
> exit$ret
>
> Call to global install C:\Users\Mitch\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1
> #!/bin/sh
> basedir=$(dirname "$(echo "$0" |sed -e 's,\\,/,g')")
> case `uname`in
> *CYGWIN*) basedir=`cygpath -w "$basedir"`;;
> esac
> if[ -x"$basedir/pwsh"]; then
> "$basedir/pwsh""$basedir/../Data/global/node_modules/.bin/expo.ps1""$@"
> ret=$?
> else
> pwsh "$basedir/../Data/global/node_modules/.bin/expo.ps1""$@"
> ret=$?
> fi
> exit$ret
>
> So it appears that PowerShell is choking on the script:
> At C:\Users\Mitch\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1:5 char:13
> + *CYGWIN*) basedir=`cygpath -w "$basedir"`;;
> + ~
> Unexpected token ')'inexpression or statement.

as it is a Bash script, I am not surprised,
and "cygpath" is a cygwin utility that provides
path information relative to its own cygwin1.dll

---