cygport and C:\Windows\system32\tar.exe

Pavel Fedin p.fedin@samsung.com
Mon Jul 1 10:43:00 GMT 2019

 This is solved by proper order of directories in your $PATH. Cygwin's /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin always come in front.
 You seem to have no Cygwin tar installed, hence the search continues down to native Windows one.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Senior Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia