Perl Illegal Instruction

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Jul 15 19:46:00 GMT 2019

Chris Wagner writes:
> For some reason this afternoon, after having worked fine, my Perl
> stopped working.  There was no error message.  It just silently died
> with status 0 no less.
>
> Windows 7 SP1.

Terribly out of date and no longer safe to use on a networked system.

> So I turn to strace and it states Illegal Instruction.  Any ideas?

BLODA or worse, assuming that _you_ didn't change anything recently.

> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 applejack 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64 Cygwin

A current Cygwin...

> $ cygcheck -c perl perl_base
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version        Status
> perl                 5.22.4-1       OK
> perl_base            5.22.4-1       OK

combined with an outdated Perl (Cygwin is at 5.26.3 now).  What are you
trying to achieve?  Please fully update Cygwin after checking your
system.  Also, you might want to clean up your PATH a bit.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html