rename a user using setfacl -- possible? how?

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Wed Jul 17 01:52:00 GMT 2019

On 2019/07/06 10:01, Brian Inglis wrote:

>>>         No problem.  my cygwin directory is at 'C:\', where it
>>> has been since WinXP...  (:^|)
>>>
>> THAT is a problem. A big problem.

----
    Forgot to get back on this.  But why would the above be a problem.
It never
used to be and I have found it to be very useful.

>>>         those don't display GUID/UUIDs, but *nix user+group ids.
>>>
>> Try it sometime. They do.
>>

> Try:
> $ id user|group
> and see below for getent nsswitch changes suggested.

----
    I tried the above, BTW, and was surprised at the changes!

    Had a related question.  I made changes to my /etc/password and
/etc/group
files.  I seem to remember how those files were read by cygwin when it
was first starting, but I don't remember how to propagate changes in
those files into
cygwin.  Is there a way to send a command to one of the demons to reread
those files?

Thanks!