Wild card to address drives

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Thu Jul 18 17:20:00 GMT 2019

Greetings, Hans-Bernhard Bröker!

> Am 18.07.2019 um 10:03 schrieb Fergus Daly:
>> I have
>> none / cygdrive binary 0 0
>> as the only line in the file /etc/fstab to allow for example
>> $ ls /h/config.sys
>> instead of the long-hand
>> $ ls /cygdrive/h/config.sys

> And that's precisely your problem.  You've now overlaid two mount points
> onto /: the cygdrive tree, and the normal Cygwin root mount.

I understand that, but I don't understand the /proc/cygdrive behavior in such
case.
My expectation was that /proc/cygdrive/ would only hold Windows drives.

But...

$ ls -l /proc/cygdrive
lrwxrwxrwx 1 anrdaemon None 0 июл 18 20:17 /proc/cygdrive -> /

Why?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...B‹KCB”›Ø›[H™\ܝΈ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKܛ؛[\Ëš[B‘TNˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙ˜\KÃB‘ØÝ[Y[][ÛŽˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙØÜËš[B•[œÝXœØÜšX™H[™›Îˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÛ[ÈÝ[œÝXœØÜšX™K\Ú[\CBƒB