cURL dependencies broken

Steven Penny svnpenn@gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 12:41:00 GMT 2019

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 08:54:42, Achim Gratz wrote:
> No it doesn't.  The "requires" line is only there for backwards
> compatibility and is a join of all versioned dependencies, which are
> listed in "depends2".

Here is a culled cygcheck of cURL:

    $ cygcheck curl
    C:\cygwin64\bin\curl.exe
      C:\cygwin64\bin\cygcurl-4.dll
        C:\cygwin64\bin\cygcrypto-1.1.dll
        C:\cygwin64\bin\cygldap-2-4-2.dll
          C:\cygwin64\bin\cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll
          C:\cygwin64\bin\cygssl-1.0.0.dll
        C:\cygwin64\bin\cygssl-1.1.dll

So LibCurl itself is requiring the new version, but LibLdap is requiring old
version. Further, we can prove this with "setup.ini" as well. Look at culled
listing of LibCurl:

    @ libcurl4
    requires: ca-certificates cygwin libbrotlidec1 libopenldap2_4_2
    depends2: ca-certificates, cygwin, libbrotlidec1, libopenldap2_4_2

No matter which on we look at "libopenldap2_4_2" is required. Now, let go one
more step:

    @ libopenldap2_4_2
    requires: cygwin libopenssl100 libsasl2_3
    depends2: cygwin, libopenssl100, libsasl2_3

No matter which one we look at, the twice obsolete SSL is being used. Achim, in
the future, I think it would be helpful for you to check your facts before
posting.