Cygwin installer does not select the packages specified by the -P option

KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) Panagiotis.KAVALAGIOS@ext.eeas.europa.eu
Mon Jul 29 10:14:00 GMT 2019

Dear all,

I am trying to prepare an offline installation of Cygwin with a local repository and I am facing the problem with the package selection. The packages specified by the -P command are not selected, so they end up without being installed. I am using the following command:

setup-x86_64.exe -q -L -l %cd%\cygwin-repo -R C:\PGM\cygwin64 -P autoconf,automake,bash-completion,bzip2,ca-certificates,curl,diffutils,emacs,git,git-svn,gnupg2,konsole,mc,openssh,patchutils,perl,python2,python3,rsync,ruby,subversion,sudo,tar,tcsh,tmux,unzip,vim,wget,xinit,xlaunch,xorg-server,xorg-server-common,xorg-server-xorg,xorg-x11-fonts-dpi100,xorg-x11-fonts-dpi75,xorg-x11-fonts-Type1,xorg-x11-fonts-misc,xterm,zip

There is no issue if I select manually the packages. They are installed just fine from the local repository. The problem is that they are not selected at all when the above command is issued. Any workarounds?

Kind regards,

Panos Kavalagios

Application Architect
MTS4EEAS (under contract with the EEAS)