Dragging from explorer to cygwin terminal is not putting the path into the terminal

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 6 17:15:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 21:26:06, Academy OfFetishes  wrote:
> Hello,

Hello to you.

> I tried to google for this but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.
> I'm using mintty 3.0.1 and cygwin 3.0.7(0.338/5/3).
>
> On my previous computer, if I dragged a file from my explorer to the cygwin
> terminal, the cygwin terminal used to be populated with the full path to
> that file.  Now when I do this, the cygwin terminal isn't affected.

On your previous computer? So you are using a freshly installed, new computer?

What does "uname -a" tell you? (just for a start).

> How do I get it to work the way it used to?  I want dragging from my
> explorer to the terminal to expand the full path of the filename in my
> terminal.

I do not know ...

You are sitting behind YOUR computer ... Not me.

What did you try? Something that can give us (and you) a clue ...

What happens if you drag a file to Notepad? Does it insert the contents
of that file in the buffer of Notepad?

Maybe you have some ideas of your own ...

Chris tried to help ... but we really need more info.

Henri