Dragging from explorer to cygwin terminal is not putting the path into the terminal

Thu Jun 6 22:57:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-06-06 16:34, Academy OfFetishes wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 3:26 PM Academy OfFetishes wrote:
>>> Yes.
>> Yes to which?  Yes to both?  If it's something you turn on, where is that
>> setting?
>>> That is not not what I meant ... You could have told us whether or not the
>>> problem is also present if you install the previous version of MinTTY ...
>>> When I wrote, you are sitting behind your computer, I was not trying to be
>>> nasty ... I meant, you are the _only_ one who can provide us clues,
>>> because right now we have not enough info to help you.
>> When I install a previous version it doesn't make a difference.  I've
>> installed 2.9.9
>> I'd like to help more than this, but I don't know what other information I
>> can provide that would be helpful.

> There are two things that I suspect could be the culprit.  I ran these two
> scripts after installing windows:
> https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater
> https://github.com/alirobe/Reclaim-Windows10
> After that, I created a new user I login as and installed cygwin from the
> new user.

Oops! These scripts tend to be the proverbial swiss army chainsaw that blows
away anything the writer dislikes about Windows.
I very carefully review and comment out anything that might affect core function
or be difficult to reverse in these scripts, and create System Restore Points.
Did you create a System Restore Point before and after running each of these
scripts?
If so, perhaps you could restore your system?