Package pinfo-0.6.10 - fix for very old bug

Henning xaoxx@t-online.de
Sat Jun 8 08:06:00 GMT 2019

On 06/06/2019 17:16, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> Thanks Henning. I'll push out a test release soon with this patch, so you
> can tell me if it fixes the problem for you.
>
> I may update pinfo to 0.6.13. I seem to recall that I tried that before and
> ran into build trouble. I'll take another look.
>
> Andrew

I thought I'll try. At first autogen.sh failed with autopoint not found.
After installing gettext-devel, which, among other packages, according
to cygwin package search contained autopoint, autogen'ing, configure'ing
and make'ing succeeded.
What puzzled me were the very different sizes of the executables:
     0.6.10		104,974
     0.6.13		 27,662
(stripping didn't change sizes.)

I thought I re-compile 0.6.10 to check. But that failed because
configure considered curses.h (ncurses 6.0-12.20171125) unusable:

checking location of curses.h file... /usr/include/ncursesw/ncurses.h
checking if curses is usable... no
configure: error: Curses not found. You need curses to compile pinfo

Henning