Logging-in using ssh elevates the user privilege.

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Mar 6 18:33:00 GMT 2019

Takashi Yano writes:
> I would like to report a problem of recent cygwin.
>
> If a user logs in via ssh, the user aqcuires the elevated
> privilege if the user belongs to Administrators group.

This has been the case for as long as I use ssh logins and is by design.
You can drop privileges after logon (see cygdrop), but not aquire new
ones.

So if that's changed behaviour for you, then your ssh logins didn't
actually work the way you thought they were.

Regards,
Achim.