win dirs don't handle lack of inherited rule(?): getfacl + tar dir Warning: Cannot acl_to_text: Invalid argument

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Mar 10 13:35:00 GMT 2019

Greetings, L A Walsh!

>> On Mar  7 19:35, L A Walsh wrote:
>>> I ran tar on another directory and got a huge number**
>>> of these:
>>> tar: rules: Warning: Cannot acl_to_text: Invalid argument
>>> tar: adblockplus: Warning: Cannot acl_to_text: Invalid argument
>>> tar: autopager: Warning: Cannot acl_to_text: Invalid argument
>>> tar: bookmarkbackups: Warning: Cannot acl_to_text: Invalid argument
>>> ---
>> Can you please provide the cacls or icacls command creating
>> a directory that allows to reproduce the issue?

> I doubt that area of my disk has ever been manipulated by
> cacls or icacls. That's in my roaming profile.

It's not about manipulation, it's about current state.

icacls is a Windows equivalent of POSIX's setfacl/getfacl.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...