rsync failed after windows 10 update

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 16 12:45:00 GMT 2019

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:49:27, jwang  wrote:
> rsync  /tmp/test.log /cygdrive/c/temp/
> rsync: pipe: Connection timed out (116)
> rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(122) [sender=3.1.2]
>
> cygcheck.txt <http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/file/t11507/cygcheck.txt>

Based on the output of cygcheck -srv,

 - you are using W10 (while I am using W7 - rsync works at my place)

Also:

 - Current System Time: Sat Mar 16 11:44:27 2019
 - Windows 10 Home Ver 10.0 Build 17134

 - you are using the 64-bits version of Cygwin (root = c:\cygwin64)
 - Cygwin DLL version info: DLL version: 3.0.2
 - rsync: version: 3.1.2-1
 - librsync2: 1.0.0-1 (resulting in bin/cygrsync-2.dll)
   (not installed at my place)

Your PATH definition is exceptionally long ...

 - it contains e:\Cywin64\bin twice
 - it contains a multitude of "bins", irrelevant to Cygwin

Finding the cause of your problem is an exercise in reducing your
environment to the absolute minimum, required to execute rsync.

I would suggest to (temporarily):

 - uninstall librsync2 (it should not interfere w/ rsync, but it
   is also not required)
 - limit your PATH definition to e:\cygwin64
    - i.e. export PATH=/usr/bin, if you are using bash

and run, rsync -vvv <some file> <some directory> again, and show
us the output.

Do not use the arguments that you used previously; create a new
file and a new directory to 'copy' to.

Remember, finding the cause of a problem, is first and foremost
about excluding any factor (you did not think of).

Henri