Problems with "Hello, World!"
Thomas Wolff
towo@towo.net
Tue Mar 19 22:14:00 GMT 2019
Am 19.03.2019 um 22:31 schrieb Vesa P.:
> Hi all,
>
> Cygwin works great for me in providing POSIX tools for Windows, but
> when I tried to to compile something of my own, I immediately ran into
> problems.
>
> Compiling my Hello World application didn't complain but when running
> it I didn't get any output. My compilation command was like this:
> gcc -Wextra -Wall -o hello hello.c
> And my source code is below between "---" markers:
> ----------------------------------
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main() {
> printf("Hello, World!\n");
> return 0;
> }
> ----------------------------------
> I also tried by redirecting output, like "./hello > output.txt" but
> that created only an empty file, proving that my write permissions
> were sufficient, I suppose.
> Then I thought that maybe the problem is in connecting to stdout and I
> tried by direct file access:
> ---------------------------------
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main() {
> FILE *of = fopen("./outfile.txt", "w");
> if(of) {
> fprintf(of, "Hello, World!\n");
> fclose(of);
> }
> return 0;
> }
> ---------------------------------
> However, that didn't create the "outfile.txt" file.
What does `type gcc` tell you?
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list