openSSH Vulnerability

Bruce Halco bruce@halcomp.com
Wed Mar 20 14:52:00 GMT 2019

The problem is I have 8 customers failing PCI network scans because of
CVE-2019-6111, so I don't think the patch for CVE-2018-20685 is going to
help.

If 8.0 is close (maybe weeks?) I can afford to wait a while. Otherwise
I'll have to take some other action. I don't like any of my
alternatives, though.

I guess I'll try to convince ControlScan that since the vulnerability
affects the scp client, server security is not actually compromised.  In
the past I've had a poor success rate trying to explain things like that.

Bruce