[ANNOUNCEMENT] openssl 1.1.1b-1

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Fri Mar 22 18:16:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, 2019-03-20 at 12:47 -0600, Brian Inglis wrote:
> May be related to
> "gost.dll required but missing after latest Cygwin update"
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2019-03/msg00511.html

Not exactly.  BIND has a configure-time test for the GOST engine, which
is no longer bundled with OpenSSL 1.1, but I happened to have the
standalone version installed on my system (for testing purposes) at the
time I built bind-9.11.5.  Unfortunately, the BIND code clearly does
not attempt to verify that the engine(s) present during the build are
actually present at runtime, leading to the reported error.

bind-9.11.6 will be up soon with the GOST engine now absent from my
system.

--
Yaakov