Problems with "Hello, World!"

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 23 08:33:00 GMT 2019

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 09:16:53, Houder  wrote:

> Q: where is your compiler (gcc)? Evidently you are not using the compiler
> from the 64-bits setup ...
>
> Btw, you are using an old version of Cygwin (cygwin1.dll) ... Why do you
> not update (while also installing the 64-bits version of the compiler).
>
> I may be wrong though (as I only skimmed your posts and the cygcheck.out
> file).

Compiled "hello.c" on my 32-bits setup of Cygwin ...

@@ gcc -Wall -o hello-32 hello.c # prompt indicates 32-bits setup of Cygwin

Ran it on my 64-bits setup of Cygwin ...

64-@@ ./hello-32 # prompt indicates 64-bits setup of Cygwin

I got the same result as you did ... (same pop-up)

.. even the output of "strace ./hello-32" is the same.

Henri