Python extraneous dependencies

Steven Penny svnpenn@gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 18:25:00 GMT 2019

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:08:27, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> It seems that function doesnt even work:
>>
>> $ python3.6 -q
>> None
>
> WFM (returns cygz.dll), do you have the respective -devel packages
> installed?  Those are also required for find_library.

still failing for me after installing "python36-devel". however even if it
works, it seems we have an issue. if you need "python36-devel" to use
"find_library", then it seems you only need "binutils" if you are installing
"python36-devel", not "python36".

so the "binutils" dep should be moved from "python36" to "python36-devel". this
way it only hurts people installing the development python, not also people
wanting to run "print('hello world')"

if you have another reason why "python36" should require "binutils" i would be
interested to read it - thanks.