Building Bedrockdb in cygwin

Jack ostroffjh@users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 13 18:48:00 GMT 2019

On 2019.05.13 14:17, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I am trying to build Bedrockdb in cygwin.  Running make gives me this
> output:
>
> e608313@HOR711318E ~/Bedrock-master
> $ make
> git submodule init
> git submodule update
> cd mbedtls && git checkout -q c49b808ae490f03d665df5faae457f613aa31aaf
> fatal: reference is not a tree:
> c49b808ae490f03d665df5faae457f613aa31aaf
> make: *** No rule to make target 'mbedtls/library/libmbedcrypto.a',
> needed by 'libstuff/libstuff.d'.  Stop.
>
> Any thoughts?  I tried getting help from the bedrock group, but their
> google group has not been updated since 2017.  So, I thought that I
> would try it here. Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> josé
I know nothing about Bedrock, but I'd ask what you did before running
"make."  Did you do ./configure?  Is there perhaps an autogen.sh to
run?  In applications I've compiled which use git submodules, it's
often been autogen.sh which actually initialized them, which must be
done before updating them, and I seem to recall that it's something
that needs to be done prior to the "git submodule init".

Jack