Building Bedrockdb in cygwin

Jack ostroffjh@users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 13 19:21:00 GMT 2019

On 2019.05.13 15:01, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:
> So, it looks like the root (c49b808ae490f03d665df5faae457f613aa31aaf)
> does not exists... Thanks for the quick reply, though.
This issue is that at that point, the higher level make assumes that
mbedtls is a git repository.

> cd mbedtls && git checkout -q c49b808ae490f03d665df5faae457f613aa31aaf
> fatal: reference is not a tree:
> c49b808ae490f03d665df5faae457f613aa31aaf
I don't fully understand the git submodules, but something in the main
git repository should have the info about where the git submodule's
upstream repository is.  I'll guess here that you started by unpacking
a tarball, and not cloning the Bedrock git repository, and that they
failed to include the main .git folder in the tarball.  You'll probably
either need to start by a git clone, or have them tell you how to
manually specify the missing submodule information.

However, in doing a bit of searching, I just found a stackoverflow
answer which includes "This is the most common problem with submodules.
The commit that you are on in the outer repository has a reference to a
commit in the submodule that someone did not push up yet. It's a
dependency problem. Always push from the inside-out. This is most
likely not something you did wrong, but someone else that's working in
the repository. "    This implies that mbedtls does have a .git folder,
but that particular commit is not yet available.  Try doing a "git
pull" when in that subdirectory.  Otherwise, wait for a response from
the Bedrock team.

Jack