Building Bedrockdb in cygwin

Jose Isaias Cabrera jicman@outlook.com
Mon May 13 20:15:00 GMT 2019

Jack, on Monday, May 13, 2019 03:21 PM, wrote...
>On 2019.05.13 15:01, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:

>upstream repository is.  I'll guess here that you started by unpacking
>a tarball, and not cloning the Bedrock git repository, and that they
Yep, that's what happened.  The reason why was this...

$ git clone https://github.com/Expensify/Bedrock.git
Cloning into 'Bedrock'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/Expensify/Bedrock.git/': Out of memory

So, I downloaded the tarball and...

>either need to start by a git clone, or have them tell you how to
>manually specify the missing submodule information.
Yeah, they are not responding. So, I guess I'll have to figure this one out the hard way...

>However, in doing a bit of searching, I just found a stackoverflow
>answer which includes "This is the most common problem with submodules.
Yeah, I read that one, amongst other git suggestions.  One of them was doing a 'git init'.

>the repository. "    This implies that mbedtls does have a .git folder,
>but that particular commit is not yet available.  Try doing a "git
>pull" when in that subdirectory.  Otherwise, wait for a response from

I'll give this a try...