Building Bedrockdb in cygwin

Tue May 14 03:29:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-05-13 15:58, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:

> Jack, on Monday, May 13, 2019 05:26 PM, wrote...​
>> On 2019.05.13 16:37, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:​
>>> Jack, on Monday, May 13, 2019 04:22 PM, wrote...​
>>> 'https://github.com/Expensify/Bedrock.git/':​
>>> $ df -a​
>>> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on​
>>> C:/cygwin/bin      -     -     -    - /usr/bin​
>>> C:/cygwin/lib      -     -     -    - /usr/lib​
>>> C:/cygwin       280G   67G  213G  24% /​
>>> B:              4.0G   91M  3.9G   3% /cygdrive/b​
>>> C:                 -     -     -    - /cygdrive/c​
>>> D:              183G   18G  165G  10% /cygdrive/d​
>> Which drive are you trying to build on?  B: 3.9G might well not be  ​
>> enough room.  C: and D: seem to have enough space.​
> ​
> I am trying to install it on c: so it has enough information.  I did see this reference [1] on stackoverflow, which is points to a memory problem. I am running a 32 bit instance of cygwin, so, it may not have enough memory for the whole clone process.  I will try tomorrow to reboot and try it without any applications.  This may provide the "memory" needed.  Is there any way to assign more memory to the cygwin terminal through windows?  Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.​
> [1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7607970/git-clone-fails-with-out-of-memory-error-fatal-out-of-memory-malloc-failed​

You might want to try installing WSL then follow the Ubuntu instructions to
figure out what the build resource requirements are.
Then use the peflags settings in
	https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-maxmem.html
after applying the linked MS settings if you are running 32 bit Windows.
If you are running 64 bit Windows, you should run 64 bit Cygwin if you need more
than 4GB memory total for maximum heap after rebasing for all exes and dlls.