Is our use of Cygwin to build & run OpenOCD a good one?

Bob Cochran cygwin@mindchasers.com
Mon May 20 18:49:00 GMT 2019

On 5/20/19 10:27 AM, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:
> Erik Soderquist, on Monday, May 20, 2019 10:16 AM, wrote...
>> On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 3:44 PM Bob Cochran wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> "Cygwin? this is probably still functional, but now can be considered a
>>> (pre)historic solution."
>> The words of the ignorant, in my opinion.  Cygwin has done an
>> excellent job of maintaining currency and usefulness.
> Indeed.  I have been using cygwin since 1996-7.  Can't remember the exact year, but it has been God-sent, and it has been in every Windows machine I have had control.  Just my 0.02. Thanks.

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my question whether this was a
good use case for Cygwin!  It was great to read all of the replies and
see that I'm in sync with this project & its users / developers.

As others have basically stated, it's like a Windows 10 Swiss Army knife
- pull it out of your pocket when needed and get the job done without a
hassle.

Bob