The adventure of building Bedrock in Cygwin: any help would be appreciated

Jose Isaias Cabrera jicman@outlook.com
Tue May 21 12:51:00 GMT 2019

Hans-Bernhard Bröker, on Monday, May 20, 2019 04:23 PM, wrote...

You said it, but I agreed. :-)

>> so according to Bedrock [1] this is all I need to build it:
>
>Well, in all fairness, those are just the instructions for one type of
>Linux distribution.  There are others, but those would not get you any

True, but I thought it would be the closest "linux flavor" in comparison to Cygwin.  There is a set of Mac build steps.  I started with that.  First built brew in cygwin, but then when tried to do 'brew install gcc@6' got a bunch of errors and I just thought that building gcc6 from scratch without brew would be the best way to go, but it wasn't.

>In short, this whole source is doomed to fail utterly on any system
>whose C standard library is not GLIBC.

Reminiscing way back in the days... Marlon Brando, "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."