How to build a DLL without cygwin DLL dependencies

Jose Isaias Cabrera jicman@outlook.com
Wed May 29 18:27:00 GMT 2019

Tony Kelman, on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 01:55 PM, wrote...

>> gcc -shared sqlite3.c -o sqlite3.dll
>>
>> to build it, but this command creates a dependency for cygwin1.dll.
>> Is there any way to build the dll as a standalone DLL with no
>> dependency?  Thanks.
>
>Yep, you want the mingw-w64 cross compiler, x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
>(or i686-w64-mingw32-gcc for 32 bit).

Thanks for the prompt reply, Tony.

So, I downloaded "i686-w64-mingw32-gcc" from the setup packages and ran,

i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -shared sqlite3.c -o sqlite3.dll,

but it still wants me to add other DLLs.  I just want to drop the sqlite3.dll just created in another spot and run a tool using that without need of any other DLL. I know I can do it with MinGW, but I don't want to install two systems on my computer.  I know I am missing something because I know other folks have done it before.  I duckduckgo'ed some answers, but have not found anything but "use MinGW".  Is this even possible with cygwin and its packages?  Thanks for the support.

josé