cygport: how to install package sources for debugging without recompiling?

Soegtrop, Michael michael.soegtrop@intel.com
Thu May 30 16:37:00 GMT 2019

Dear Jon,

> Is there some reason why you can't just install that?

thanks for the hint - I was not aware that the -debuginfo package contains sources - I thought these just contain dwarf files or similar for stripped binaries and sources are in the -src packages.

Unfortunately for MinGW debuginfo packages exist only for rather few libraries.

Also I wonder if there exists something like debug info for stripped binaries in Cygwin - similar to .pdb files for MSVC. These seem to be not part of the debuginfo packages. Does this mean when I want to debug DLLs I anyway need to recompile them because the installed DLLs are stripped and there is no other way to get DLLs with debug information?

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich
 ТÒÐÐ¥&ö&ÆVÒ&W÷'G3¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒ÷&ö&ÆV×2æ‡FÖÀФd¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöfðФFö7VÖVçFF–ö㢇GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöFö72æ‡FÖÀÐ¥Vç7V'67&–&R–æfó¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöÖÂò7Vç7V'67&–&R×6–×ÆPРÐ