[ANNOUNCEMENT] xterm 348-1

Katsumi Yamaoka yamaoka@jpl.org
Fri Nov 1 01:36:00 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:24:37 -0400, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

> * xterm-348-1

First of all, reverting it to XTerm(330) solved my problem.
When copying non-ASCII text from another window to XTerm(348), it
will be shown as a combination of ASCII and control characters,
not the original human readable representation.

I usually use Japanese text, これは日本語です for example.  AFAICT,
only the copy and paste is bad; `less' shows Japanese text and
`ls' shows Japanese file names correctly.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

$ locale
LANG=C
LC_CTYPE="ja_JP.UTF-8"