getent doesn't work properly

Maayan Apelboim Maayan.Apelboim@clarizen.com
Wed Nov 13 15:18:00 GMT 2019

Hi,
Well it might help, but since I don't have this installed in any other envs and everything is working fine I prefer to try as a last resort.
If I won't be able to find the root cause I'll try this as well.

Thanks!

>> Why do I need cygserver?
> You don't exactly NEED cygserver. But if you have 1. Domain (or even
> multi-domain) environment.
> 2. and/or remote/slow/flaky connection to the domain server.
> cygserver may provide a smoother experience as it caches some
> information related to names resolution.

Running cygserver will also cache info and speed up processing if you run many:

- service daemons under Cygwin, especially cron jobs or ssh sessions
- concurrent processes, especially deeply nested, forked, or background
  (some cron jobs background subprocesses *heavily* to reduce run time)
- XSI IPC message queues
- semaphores
- shared memory segments

otherwise that has to be managed by either the process itself or the root parent process, possibly in parallel threads.

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
 ТÒÐÐ¥&ö&ÆVÒ&W÷'G3¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒ÷&ö&ÆV×2æ‡FÖÀФd¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöfðФFö7VÖVçFF–ö㢇GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöFö72æ‡FÖÀÐ¥Vç7V'67&–&R–æfó¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöÖÂò7Vç7V'67&–&R×6–×ÆPРÐ