Looking to set up a partial mirror of Cygwin package server

Thu Nov 14 06:48:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-11-12 13:31, dmytro.shmagin.barclays.com via cygwin wrote:
> We're looking to set up a partial mirror of the Cygwin package servers to
serve the few (around 50) packages that we use on a daily basis - essentially
setting up a repo for our users to download those Cygwin apps which are approved
on our system. Essentially, we'd like to have our personal package server be an
available option to our users - preferably the only available option - on the
list of Cygwin mirrors in the installer, and to only list those packages which
are approved (with no automatic updates - we are most likely freezing these
versions until they are next approved in order to comply with company policy).
Currently, we are simply including all packages as a "Local Download" after
downloading them without installing and compressing them into an archive, but
this method doesn't allow us to set up a proper mirror + setup.ini file as the
.hint files are not included with the download (even when installing source
files). This also means that users have to download ALL packages even if they
only want to download a subset of them with our current method.

> Can anyone run me through how to set up a partial, non-updated package
> server for Cygwin, as I am unable to do so by following the Cygwin package
> server setup guide on the Cygwin site?
Start with https://cygwin.com/package-server.html#overlay, remember that calm
has replaced genini/mksetupini, and include all Base category packages and all
their dependencies, plus all your package dependencies, in your local repo.

You should be able to trim setup.ini to just those packages you want to allow.

You will probably have to disable some signature checking.